Our client an exciting start-up developing a cryptocurrency network based on an
open-source third generation blockchain we’re creating which is focused on setting a
new standard in security and protection for buyers while solving a widespread problem in game development funding.
They are looking for a Chief Risk Officer who will be responsible to build, continuously
improve and provide oversight and advice on enterprise risk, regulatory and corporate compliance management and on audit frameworks; ensure that the executive team who are responsible for their risks are aware of their obligations; ensure that risk assessments are being conducted and manage the internal audit processes and provide oversight of external audits and the compliance processes throughout the company. About Us:
Blockchain technology is now widely viewed as the next breakthrough technology
poised to change the world of commerce, business and elsewhere in our lives within
the next ten years. It offers opportunities that optimize transactions and processes and cutting losses due to inefficiencies and fraud. But currently there isn’t any solution regarding the opportunities available to address problems this innovative technology has such as the social-economic cost being currently ignored.
Our Client believes that a global community should be one that is open, sustainable, encourages diversity, innovation and thrives as it reinforces positive values to the world as a whole. Blockchain has laid a technological foundation to make this vision a reality. We’re committed to create such a community. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly reporting to the COO, you’ll work closely with the executive team to effectively challenge the activities and decisions that materially affect the
- organization’s risk profile.
- Coordinate with the executive team the development and maintenance of the risk, compliance management and audit framework.
- Work closely and manage the Risk Team to provide a cohesive and collaborative risk and compliance team to ensure effective and efficient risk and compliance oversight.
- Manage and motivate risk and compliance staff through leading by example and being an integral part of the executive team.
- Ensure that the teams are monitoring risk registers and any potential changes in the corporate or industry environment to affect risk.
- Ensure risk and compliance software is operating effectively to support the risk and compliance monitoring.
- Ensure risk division is providing sufficient support to risk owners to assist them to define and rate their risks.
- Ensure risk assessments on business incidents and errors are being conducted.
- Monitoring policies and procedures for appropriate risk measures.
- Monitoring industry and global regulatory updates, and company policies and procedures in relation to these updates.
- Ensure robust service provider due diligence is conducted from a risk
- Ensure that there is a robust compliance framework including the execution and monitoring of the obligations register and any potential changes in the corporate environment to affect the obligations.
- Ensure there is an effective compliance testing program.
- Assist policy owners understand their compliance obligations and controls.
- Ensure that the framework for complaints, incidents and breaches for regulatory breaches is robust and in compliance with regulators.
- Provide input on service provider due diligence.
- Monitor policies and procedures for appropriate compliance with regulations.
- Plan and project manage the internal audits.
- Discuss findings and reporting with internal auditors.
- Finalize internal audit reports and collation of management comments.
- Oversight and monitoring the closure of any external audit matters.
- Recruit top experts within the Risk team.
Key Traits We’re Looking For:
- You’ll need at least a Master’s degree in law, accounting, commerce or finance.
- Global and deep knowledge of the blockchain, cryptocurrency exchange or financial services industry.
- 10+ years of experience in leadership across financial services or similar years of experience in a leadership position within a financial institution or high tech global company.
- Strong general management background with proven track record for successfully managing senior stakeholder relationships strategic thinking, financial planning, risk management, relationship building and project leadership.
- Facilitating the identification and mitigation of enterprise risk for a complex company in a growingly regulated industry.
- Demonstrated pragmatic approach to risk management.
- Work effectively with clients and external stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, vision and motivate team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- A solid understanding of IT and technology and the benefits it can provide.
- Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Computer science/security Government
To hear more about this role you can email firstname.lastname@example.org Cryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO, CTO, project manager, solidity developer, frontend and backend blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at www.cryptorecruit.com to search all our job vacancies.
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- 8 days personal leave
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and FSA
- Gym on site, accessible 24/7
- Loads more!