Who are we.
Our client is one of the world’s leading virtual currency exchanges. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, they strive to be a reliable and efficient marketplace for a rich selection of high-quality virtual currencies so that our users can be part of the open and competitive market that discovers Blockchain assets with genuine potential to revolutionize the future of finance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and career focused individual to join a progressive and growing team!Company :
- Leadership & Collaboration – You will be the thought leader, guide, and glue for our Product, Engineering and IT functions
- Programming & Mentorship – You will add hands-on expertise to architect technology solutions for the projects and problems that may arise while providing mentorship and growth the rest of the Engineering team
- Strategic Thinker – You will manage the technological functions of the business and client strategies- consulting, creating project plans, managing implementation, acting as a liaison to communicate across teams, and being the driving force of execution and support. Success as a Director of Engineering Development requires strategy, careful planning, and prioritization, thinking multiple steps ahead, the ability to readily adapt and pivot, and the motivation to actively progress towards goals. You should have the courage to try anything worth trying, but also know when to pull back and when to gently push.
- Infrastructure Management - To ensure our company and clients will never miss a beat when using our technologies, you will have hands-on management of the infrastructure, databases, applications, and servers to ensure reliability and security across systems, along with developing and managing the technical standards of practice.
- Versatile/ Multi-Talented Contributor – Beyond core responsibilities, we also seek to leverage the strengths and interests of our employees in line with the needs of the business. Bring your intellectual curiosity and roll up your sleeves, as we are a flat organization with a relatively small team of driven and intelligent people often working cross-functionally to make strategic contributions to a business they believe in.
While responsibilities in this position span multiple functions, we are (of course!) not expecting a depth of expertise in all the areas indicated. We look for the person in this role to have a drive for operational excellence, contribute in the areas they are skilled in while seeing and owning the connectivity across functions.
Your Skills and Experience
About you :
- B.S or M.S degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, with 8-10 year of experience in software development and technology management, including 5+ years core Java experience and 2+ year experience with building and leading a 10+ size engineering team
- Strong hands-on expertise in system architecture design, system analysis, software implementation, performance optimization and system security
- Experience with the core design of a high-performance, high concurrency, high available and high scalable system; be able to complete related design independently
- Familiar with current Internet architecture, a broad definition of technology
- Strong sense of trends and development of related industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding problem solver
- Strong ability to work in the very fast-paced startup environment
- Blockchain and crypto experience and knowledge are strongly preferred
- Solutions & Result- Oriented - you will never compromise the long term for the short term and will innately understand it is possible to both do well and do good when you design the right solutions for the right clients in the right way.
- Mission Focused – while industry background is not required, having an appreciation for the value of financial technology is required
- Intrinsically Motivated - find meaning in the journey and in what you learn and build throughout it, including the bumps along the way.
- Adaptable - you thrive on ambiguity and opportunities to be innovative and make a meaningful contribution to something you believe in.
- Creative Problem Solver - through creative problem solving and effective simplicity, you constantly look to create meaningful results.
- Humble - you know that while intelligence speaks, wisdom listens, and you have the humility to learn.
Open for the right candidate
To hear more about this role you can :
1. email - email@example.comCryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/Cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO,CTO, Project Manager, Solidity developer, frontend and Backend Blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at wwww.cryptorecruit.com to serach all our job vacancies.