Our client has a vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The consumer risk team’s mandate is to accelerate the client’s mission of building an open financial system by keeping the platform safe from fraud and enabling delightful experiences for our customers. Accomplishing this afford us the opportunity to build the world’s best place to access, own, and use cryptocurrency.
Our strategy to achieve this is:
- Make rapid, data-driven risk decisions that balance the impact of fraud and customer friction.
- Build best-in-class tools that accelerate our ability to identify and minimize fraud.
- Build product experiences that balance fraud prevention with eliminating friction from customers’ experience.
A little more about the team: we’re a cross-functional product team with experts in fraud analytics, machine learning, backend, frontend, product and design. Our tech stack is Ruby on Rails and MongoDB.
We leverage machine learning, data analysis, and our internal tools to stay ahead of fraudsters. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Working with a PM to map product specs to technical requirements, driving the technical design and review, and executing on it (implement, iterate, and maintain)
- Working with stakeholders to provide meaningful engineering estimations and clearly communicate on process, blockers and timelines
- Diving into existing systems and understanding the current state of things with minimal guidance
- Working with data to understand problems, identify solutions, and run experiments
- Writing quality code while keeping scalability in mind
Nice to Haves
- 4+ years of Full stack engineering experience with a backend focus, with at least 1 year of experience in risk
- Strong system fundamentals, including database basics, data pipeline, and event based message systems
- Industry experience in architecting and developing scalable, quality backend systems
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team including data analytics and ML platform
- This role is based onsite in the San Francisco Bay Area.
To apply for this position
- Experience working on risk, anti-fraud, or anti-spam teams
- Experience with machine learning
- Understanding of how payment systems and how financial fraud works
: email firstname.lastname@example.orgCryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/Cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO,CTO, Project Manager, Solidity developer, frontend and Backend Blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at www.cryptorecruit.com to search all our job vacancies.