Our client is an exciting start-up developing a cryptocurrency network based on an
open-source third generation blockchain we’re creating which is focused on setting a
new standard in security and protection for buyers while solving a widespread problem in game development funding.
They are looking for a Vice President of Engineering who is passionate about building and delivering critical services and products. You’ll be a seasoned, driven and passionate engineering software architect with a proven track record of leading and transforming complex cloud services, products and technology portfolios. You’ll be leading the architecture software development and engineering technical strategy for a highly visible, strategic and significant set of services and products with a global reach, creating a platform that will be setting the standard in terms of blockchain exchanges with exceptional user experience.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop systems and component architectures and APIs that meet the test of time within emerging technologies. You’ll be articulating and evangelizing architectural principles reciprocally with engineering teams that ensure the system components fit and last and align with our company vision and focus on our growth of community.
- Lead a team or architects to define, develop, maintain and communicate the technology and platform strategy to all levels including board members, the senior executive team and external stakeholders such as our community of users and developers.
- Lead, inspire and work with the engineering teams to provide continuous architecture and design mentorship/leadership and be a source of support that ensures successful product delivery and operational excellence in product.
- Collaborate with key partners such as developers, development managers, product and program management and senior technical and business executives to drive the architecture strategy.
- Resolve approaches for new areas by quickly investigating the state of the art and available technologies.
- Champion a culture of innovation in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability.
- Establish relationships with key architects across technology organizations and collaborate on promoting architectural standard methodologies.
- Lead and support a team to design, build and operate an uncommon data platform.
- Focus and lead production in a fast-paced continuous agile development environment, delivering high quality product pushes that set the standard within our industry and end user expectations.
Key Traits We’re Looking For:
- A PhD in Computer Science is highly desirable, a Bachelor’s degree in Computer
- Science or related discipline from a major top institution and MBA is required.
- At least 10 years experience in a senior architect position is required.
- Experience managing and leading teams across geographies and remote studios is required.
- Exceptional technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data management, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistical and machine learning and operational excellence of production systems required.
- At least 5 years experience in systems design and development, including core systems and enterprise-wide applications used in financial/fintech space as well as online applications and web-based systems, blockchain technologies preferred.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to technical and non-technical people at multiple organisation levels, required.
- Experience in payments or related industry is a plus
- Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Software development
To hear more about this role you can email firstname.lastname@example.org Cryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO,CTO, project manager, solidity developer, frontend and backend blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at www.cryptorecruit.com to search all our job vacancies.
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- 8 days personal leave
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and FSA
- Gym on site, accessible 24/7
- Loads more!