About Our Client: They are a new music and gaming venture that has been launched by deadmau5 and Richie Hawtin. They are building a music metaverse ecosystem that makes it easy for any artist, label or event to launch their own virtual world and monetise it through NFTs.
Overview: Reporting to the Founder and CEO, you will undertake the role of financial leader within the organization. You will be responsible for the planning, implementation and management of all finance activities, including business planning, budgeting/forecasting, internal controls, financial reporting, M&A and fund management. This will also include helping to set up a group structure for the project, our early stage incubator, launch of our token and a DAO.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Create functional strategies and key objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support achieving expected results.
- Help set up proper legal and tax structures for the business, and oversee the implementation of the group structure, token launch and investment funds. ● You will support the executive team in making decisions relating to financial strategy and M&A.
- Help design the Finance function from the ground up. This includes building out team structures, implementing systems, and developing processes.
- Supporting the company's growth and transition to a medium sized business over next few years.
- Build strong relationships with business partners, auditors, executive staff, and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the preparation and analysis of all financial reports meet the needs of the organization and comply with SEC reporting requirements and global regulations. ● Direct and develop the organization's global accounting policies, practices, procedures, and initiatives.
- You will also help design and implement internal controls, policies and procedures, and oversee cash flow planning as well as liaising with regulatory bodies, external auditors and tax agents.
- Monitor emerging US GAAP, IFRS and SEC developments(e.g crypto and DAOs) and advise management on the impacts.
Additional as a plus
- BS or equivalent in Accounting, advanced degree (MBA, etc) a plus. ● Accounting qualification (e.g. CPA)
- 10+ years of experience in accounting/finance.
- Experience in leading group companies.
- Experience in fundraising and crypto industry.
- 1-2 years experience as a CFO
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to direct a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills. ● Proven experience in building a high-performance team, developing leaders and in driving necessary organizational and cultural change
- Solid understanding of SEC/GAAP rules and regulations.
- You are naturally curious and bring a fun energy.
Make sure to follow us here to get our most live jobs https://www.linkedin.com/company/cryptorecruit
- Experience working in a Fortune 500 company.
- Knowledge and interest in blockchain, gaming, Web3 and NFTs
- Experience in setting up a DAO and launching tokens.
Cryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/Cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO,CTO, Project Manager, Solidity developer, frontend and Backend Blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at www.cryptorecruit.com to search all our job vacancies.