Our client is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. They are an established name in the crypto space who are dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Our client's initial product is an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. It is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more. They also launched a decentralized registry with the mission to catalyze the shift to web3, facilitating community-driven curation of projects providing ongoing utility to the crypto space.
The Product Marketing team resides at the intersection of engineering, marketing, product, and business and enables developers in web3 to better understand the many advantages of leveraging the company's ecosystem for dApp development while aiding the ecosystem in better understanding the needs of dApp developers.
We are looking for a Director of Product Marketing to establish, lead, and grow the product marketing function in this division, in support of the entire company's ecosystem. They will not only engage with the web3 engineering community but also specific participants in the ecosystem including, but not limited to, Indexers, Curators, and Delegators.
The Director of Product Marketing will be an integral partner to the business, marketing, and product functions and they will lead a team consisting of tech writers, solutions engineers, and dev relations personnel.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will report directly to the CEO.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Establishing the product marketing discipline within the entire ecosystem
- Defining and executing a strategy for growing the developer ecosystem
- Building and managing a multidisciplinary team that includes technical content writers, developer relations, developer success, product marketing managers and growth marketers
- Driving go-to-market for a diverse suite of products, open source libraries, and protocol upgrades
- Owning the user journey of developers interacting beginning with their first meetup to successfully deploying a subgraph into production
- Developing content channels targeted at the company's various user personas and producing content that educates users, increases developer success, and makes developers fall in love with the tools
- Partnering with product managers, marketers and business developers, to bridge the gap between R&D and business
- Collaborating with design and marketing teams to create engaging marketing collateral and establishes a voice and brand identity that engages the developer community
- Producing educational content and messaging to enable developer relations, technical writers, business developers, and developer success personnel
What We Expect
- Previous experience driving go-to-market strategy and execution for several large developer-focused product releases
- Familiarity with a variety of growth channels, including in-person meetups, conferences, email, social media, paid advertising, and content marketing
- Passion around the future of web3
- Skillful written and verbal communication skills
- Deep empathy for developers as users and independent creators.
- You enjoy and lean into learning about complex products and explaining them in simple terms
- A technical degree or previous experience in software engineering is strongly preferred