The company is an Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution, built to bring digital assets, NFTs, and blockchain gaming to life. Our mission is to
empower digital asset ownership for people and businesses. If you get excited by the thought of joining a highly experienced, fast-paced global team that is building the future, this role may be for you.
We are searching for an experienced General Counsel to join our Legal team. As our General Counsel, you will lead the full suite of legal and regulatory functions for the company. As one of the key executive members, you will work closely with the leadership team on high-impact projects and strategic decisions. You and the legal team will collaborate with other team members across functions - including operations, strategic partnerships, product, marketing, and engineering.
The crypto space never lacks uncertainties, challenges, and changes. As our General Counsel, it will be your responsibility to ensure that we do the right thing and focus on long-term impact. You will develop legal guidance and strategy that mitigate the company’s legal and regulatory risks, and help the company thrive in a challenging environment. The General Counsel will be a crucial partner to our product and business team and facilitate business opportunities for the company. In addition to leading the team internally, as General Counsel, you will be an external leader and advocate for progressive legislative and regulatory developments on behalf of the company and the industry. Responsibilities:
- Set the overall legal strategy and manage all legal matters for the company
- Advice and support the executive team on strategic & complex regulatory and business issues internationally
- Represent company directly and/or manage outside counsel in regulatory enforcement or litigation matters if needed
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on issues related to product development, marketing, and business partnership
- Create, develop and implement company-wide policies, procedures, and standard agreements
- Monitor emerging legislation and regulation, and advise the company of regulatory developments
- Educate policymakers on crypto industry development and advocate for crypto-friendly policy changes
- Build and lead a world-class legal team in the nascent crypto industry
- Select, engage and manage outside counsel
- J.D. or equivalent law degree from a top ABA-accredited law school and good standing with at least one US state bar
- 10+ years of professional legal experience with a focus in securities litigation, regulatory enforcement practice, regulatory compliance
- Strategic thinker who can quickly identify key issues and navigate the complex regulatory landscape in the crypto space
- Good judgment and assertive voice in ambiguous and challenging circumstances
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take initiative and build productive relationships internally and externally
- Interest in gaming, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology with an eagerness to learn more about the industry
To hear more about this role you can :
email - email@example.com
Cryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/Cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO,CTO, Project Manager, Solidity developer, frontend and Backend Blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at www.cryptorecruit.com to search all our job vacancies.