Head of People / Technical Recruiter
Our Client is a leading VC-backed, decentralized and scalable oracle for the DeFi and blockchain community. Our Client is looking for a full-time Head of People to join our team to work with the leadership team to build out the team for 2022.
Our Clients are building the world’s leading oracle for blockchain applications. Our client’s platform will revolutionize the types of dApps and DeFi applications that are possible. This is a unique opportunity to join a Venture-backed early-stage startup with an already established product.
Our Client is a community-owned, scalable and cost-efficient oracle for the DeFi and blockchain community. Our Client believes a community-owned oracle is not only possible but essential to creating a truly decentralized financial system. In addition, Our Client’s Layer 2 technology utilizes the latest advances in Merkle Tree technology to write multiple data points on a single on-chain transaction. And thus, it allows for the secure, cheap and accurate batching of data to smart contracts.
The team is fully distributed and you can work from anywhere.is looking for someone who has a strong technical recruiting background and is comfortable speaking to developers and engineers. To begin with, this role is very focussed on technical recruiting and building out the team for this year as they are experiencing hypergrowth and the role will evolve into a Head of People role. As the functional lead of People & Culture this role works closely with the Executive Leadership Team to design HR strategy that aligns to achieving organisational goals, and through business partnering, works closely with People Managers in the delivery of HR strategy. Key Job Functions
- Working with various departments to assist management in understanding and implementing procedures and policies.
- Ensuring that diversity and equality are core tenets of the company’s culture.
- Being the first point of contact for all human resources related queries.
- Active involvement in the recruitment process, including liaising with relevant industries.
- Setting up interviews and preparing staff handbooks.
- Administering the company payroll and ensuring employee records are maintained.
- Interpreting employment law and advising management and employees based on what you find.
- Planning and delivering training, including the inductions of new staff
- Strong technical hiring background
- At least 3+ years of experience with recruiting and HR responsibilities in a startup environment
- At least 1+ year processing payroll with precision
- Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Integrity and approachability; the company’s employees should feel that they can discuss sensitive issues with you.
- A track record of making a positive difference within an organisation.
- Reliable IT and numeracy skills, especially if tasked with operating payroll.
- Business acumen and management skills, strong organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of of US and international employment-related legislation, regulations and compliance