Our client is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. They are dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
The initial product is an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. It is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more. They have also launched a decentralized registry with the mission to catalyze the shift to web3, facilitating community-driven curation of projects providing ongoing utility to the crypto space.
They are hiring a Senior Product Manager for two of their most significant products so far. One of which is a portal to the decentralized network, giving all participants the ability to discover, understand and interact with the protocol. The other is the home of Subgraph Developers on the decentralized network, letting them publish, manage and query their subgraphs, handling billing and API key management.
You love data visualization, bringing legibility and clarity to every user experience. You can reason clearly from first principles, but you are also practical and pragmatic, based on what you see in the data, and on the ground. You are a natural collaborator, making plans with designers and engineers, and then working together to make them happen. You might have built SaaS or developer tools before.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Growing the number of subgraphs published on the network
- Creating delightful user experiences while balancing economic trade-offs and on-chain interactions.
- Driving query volume on subgraphs
- Identifying any problems or bottlenecks with indexers
- Growing network participation, by curators and delegators
What We Expect
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and Agile product delivery. Experience with establishing requirements & cross-team prioritization
- 4+ years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of an organization – engineering, research, design, finance, business development, or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Product craftsmanship - You obsess over things like design affordances, information architecture, visual hierarchies, product terminology, and translating complex concepts into simple user flows. Product is your craft.
- Crypto Native - You are familiar with, if not an expert in, concepts like blockchains, distributed systems, bonding curves, decentralized finance (DeFi), NFTs, P2P systems, consensus, web3, etc.
- Writer-at-heart - You value the written word, deploying it to crystallize trade-offs, decisions and requirements internally (in PRDs & discovery documents), and to inform and educate externally (in the product, and documentation).