We at the company aspire to transform and decentralize finance with tomorrow’s technology, with a globally distributed and close-knit team of doers and getters. Here’s an opportunity to join a movement to break the mold. Join the company and help us shape the future of personal finance. About Birthday Research- Blockchain R&D wing of The Company DeFi
Birthday Research (BDR) is the Blockchain Research and Development wing of the company DeFi, a Singapore-based blockchain, and fintech company. Fuelled by the best minds in the industry, BDR seeks to develop best-in-class blockchain innovations with the mission of enabling the next bound of Web3.
As a pioneering force, our work spans cryptographic research, deep blockchain consensus development, and smart contracts development — with a laser-sharp focus on driving the industry frontier while tackling the most demanding DeFi challenges of today. To date, one of our core contributions, DeFiChain, has garnered over 1 billion USD in total value locked on the layer-1 protocol.
We are a fast-growing, globally distributed, close-knit team of multi-disciplinary doers and getters. Join Birthday Research today to be a part of the driving force shaping the future of decentralization.
Why work with the Company: What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and product teams to design and develop blockchain modules.
- Take an active responsibility in designing and developing highly scalable blockchain modules for our scaling needs.
- Write highly performant codes that are clean, simple, maintainable, and battle-tested with test-driven development (TDD) for maximum test coverage automated from pull request all the way to release.
- Taking on the polyglot hat and deep-diving into multiple codebases (C/C++/JS/TS/Rust) to contribute and understand how things work under the hood.
- Engineering low-level performant blockchain modules such as peer networking, ledger indexes, consensus protocol, and wallet systems.
- Experience working in a fast pace tech-driven startup as a Software Engineer with at least 2 years of experience or in a similar capacity.
- Strong proficiency in C++ or Rust with experience working in embedded systems, low-level libraries, or similar capacities.
- Ability to take full ownership and work independently while collaborating with others in a fast-paced agile and async team.
- A collaborative and resourceful individual with excellent communication skills able to make radical decisions while being empathetic and respectful.
- Willingness to pick up new and emerging bleeding edge blockchain technologies.
- A deep technical understanding of blockchain technologies, cryptography, BIPs, DeFi, UTXO, EVM, or Nakamoto Consensus is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in TypeScript with experience working in Web, Node, or Mobile technologies is highly preferred!
- Do something with purpose; Be a part of the future that will shape how people are dealing with their finances in Crypto and Blockchain
- Fast-moving, challenging, and unique business problems
- International, diverse work environment and flat hierarchy
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, unlimited discretionary leave, casual work attire
The company is a Singapore-based blockchain and fintech company that empowers users to be in control of their finances by creating cash flow and harnessing the potential of Decentralized Finance. Founded in 2019, we currently have more than ~100 employees of various backgrounds and nationalities and growing.
Make sure to follow us here to get our most live jobs https://www.linkedin.com/company/cryptorecruit
Cryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/Cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO,CTO, Project Manager, Solidity developer, frontend and Backend Blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at www.cryptorecruit.com to search all our job vacancies.