We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer who is passionate about learning new technologies and enjoys building enterprise-level data warehouses and data platforms.
Are you an experienced Data Engineer who loves to collaborate across the enterprise with strong cross-functional planning and prioritisation skills? Do you have a passion for evolving technologies such as Blockchain? Are you a leader who can manage large scale technical initiatives?
As a Data Engineer, you will be a core member of the IT team and will report to the Head of Development. You should possess deep experience in developing data pipelines, analytics and machine learning as this role will have you developing our data, reporting and analytics platform.Responsibilities:
- Curate and design data models to ensure that data is accessible.
- Build highly scalable data analytics and data processing frameworks across the exchange and trading datasets.
- Experience building ETL workflows (data pipelines).
- Experience with SQL and query optimisation.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and GitLab.
- Work closely with other core members on the team.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- At least 5 years of data engineering and machine learning experience - ideally within the blockchain space.
- Working with the internals of a distributed compute engine.
- Query optimisation, resource allocation and management and data lake performance.
- Strong experience with Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Modern Big-Data storage technologies (Iceberg, Hudi, Delta).
- Knowledge of common data engineering language such as Python and SQL.
- Solid software engineering skills: experienced in building and maintaining systems at scale.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- The ability to take ownership and see initiatives through from start to finish.
- Detail-oriented and exceptional communication skills.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Make sure to follow us here to get our most live jobs https://www.linkedin.com/company/cryptorecruit
- Better than market rate with equity plan.
- Competitive and appealing compensation and time off paid package.
- Generous medical benefits coverage.
- 401 K.
Cryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/Cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO,CTO, Project Manager, Solidity developer, frontend and Backend Blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at www.cryptorecruit.com to search all our job vacancies.